Undoubtedly the most romantic of Shakespeare’s Houses. This charming childhood home of Anne Hathaway, Shakespeare’s future wife, served as the idyllic rendezvous where the world’s greatest dramatist wooed his beloved. Nestling in the quiet village of Shottery about a mile from Stratford-upon-Avon, sits Anne Hathaways Cottage the epitome of a typically ‘old England’ rural dwelling complete with thatched roof, cottage gardens and farmland. Tourists have been visiting the property since the second half of the 18th century and many famous writers have paid homage to this magical place with all its romantic connotations
All things Shakespeare
Discover landmark attractions linked to William Shakespeare.
- 29th annual GTI International 9 Jul 2019 - 10 Jul 2016
- Free Witches Halloween Hat! 22 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2016
- Ghost tour in historic building 28 Mar 2015 - Today
- Ghost Tour, Stratford upon Avon 30 Jul 2016 - 30 Jul 2017
- Tudor World Ghost Tour in Stratfor... 31 Jul 2016 - 31 Jul 2017
- Shakespeare Walking Tour of Stratf... 6 Aug 2016 - 6 Aug 2017
- Saturday Ghost Walk in Stratford 9 Apr 2016 - 31 Dec 2017
- Town Walk on Saturday 9 Apr 2016 - 31 Dec 2017
- Town Walk on Friday 8 Apr 2016 - 31 Dec 2017
- Town Walk on Thursday at 11am 7 Apr 2016 - 31 Dec 2017
Keep up to date with the latest news and information from around Stratford.
* we will not pass your details on to any third parties
Coming soon! Stratford-upon-Avon reviews by TripAdvisor.